Everyone has their idea of the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Either thin and crispy, fluffy and cake like, chewy and perfect.
After trying many, many experiments this is my absolute favorite! I like my cookies slightly cake like.
- Pre heat oven temperature to 325 – 350 degrees. This really depends on your oven… mine is a little off and 350 works great.
For the cookies:
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 whole eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped pecans (Optional)
2 tablespoons of burbon (Optional)
- Mix flour and baking soda and salt together.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter with the white and brown sugar.
- Add vanilla, eggs to the bowl and beat until light and creamy. If adding burbon add it here.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans and stir until just combined. Chill for at least one hour.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place golf ball sized balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are brown. Parchment is a must! They will spread to much with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the pan for a couple of minutes before placing on a wire rack.
These also make great ice cream sandwiches! Keep in an air tight container or freeze them. If by some miracle you have some left in a week and they are getting a little dry… pop them in the oven for 30 seconds and eat with a fork. Sheer perfection!
Making these for a special guy? Just wait until I share my Bacon, whiskey, chocolate chip cookie recipe!!